The first 5 months of the year are essentially gone and in the history books. So, I wanted to check in to see how you are doing on your career goals. I purposely did not want to do it at the half-way mark (end of June) for fear that some of you may go the other direction and get discouraged because half of the year is already gone. No…there is more left of the year than what has already transpired. That means you still have time. That means you can start again! Do you want the last 7 months of the year to be great?
Think back to January 1 and all the promises and commitments you made that you were going to do things differently in your life and in your career. Did you promise to work less, work more, take vacation more often? Or did you commit to updating your resume, looking for a new job, getting a certification?
Now, I ask are you on track to whatever you committed to? Are you on the pathway to achieving what you want? If you are….keep going! If you are not, you can begin again. Here are three ways to get started:
- Pick one goal and one deadline. That’s right. Start with a goal that you can put a deadline on and that can happen in the next 30 days. Why? All goals should have deadlines and a way to be measured. If you set a goal that is easily achievable in the next 30 days, it will give you a feeling of satisfaction and momentum to achieve the next set of goals.
- Start small and not big. There are many goals to get you to the end but if you concentrate solely on the BIG goal, it is easy for it to feel overwhelming and not possible. Start with the “low hanging fruit” and small goals that are easier to attain. This will give you fuel to keep going to attack the bigger goals.
- Tell someone about it! That’s right-get an accountability partner! Find someone safe that you trust to share your goals with and ask them to help hold you accountable. Sometimes for me, I have told my Facebook community because I know if I put it out there-it will force me to remain credible and do what I said I would do.
So, if you are feeling behind and not where you want to be in your career goals, start today with these 3 kick -start methods! I want to see you win! Here are two ways I can help you right now:
1. Do you need support and accountability with your career goals ? Get on my calendar for a complimentary strategy session and let’s talk about how I can help you.
2. Do you want to be in a community with other professionals that are learning how to navigate their career and reach their career goals? Click here to join my Facebook community that is full of knowledge and resources to help you be the best in your career.